Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Still Around

This is just a quick post to let everyone know that I am still around. I have been busy, and waiting on supplies to come in the mail. I'm currently only waiting on one more shipment.

I had a crazy weekend along with a horrible experience donating blood. Let's just say 45 minutes afterward I vomited and passed out, and they had to use smelling salts on me and it was horrible. I wanted to get some pictures taken and post a bottle yesterday, but I was still recuperating from my blood-donating experience Sunday. It's amazing how weak that can leave you.

The same night as my episode, my mother-in-law fell and hurt her knee badly. She now has stitches inside and staples outside and can't bend her knee for a full 10 days. She needs prayers for patience and healing; she HATES being confined.

Soon I will also be working on a redesign of my husband's website: Tales from Planet Z. He is almost ready to get started on issue 3! I'm so excited! I think everyone will just love it. More to come when we get a little farther into that.




Today's amazingly unique feature is a store I found on ArtFire called Spoon Bracelets. That's right; bracelets made out of spoons. Making bracelets out of spoons isn't my first thought when I think of a great way to recycle and re-purpose things. My first thought is something along the lines of "Oh, that sounds cheezy and kind of gross. Can't make for anything nice looking." Not only does this artist make spoon jewelry look good: it looks gorgeous! At first glance you would never say "That used to be a spoon!"


Looking through the shop, I also see that the artist makes spoon rings, too, though I'm still partial to the bracelets. Gorgeous jewelry and great conversation peices as well, one of these bracelets is definitely going on my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment