Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beach Bottle Beauty

I feel like having a beach theme today, perhaps because I like going to the beach so much, or because I recently made a beach-themed bottle pendant. Besides that, I like visiting the beach. It always amazes me just how BIG it is. You look out and the ocean is all you can see.

Meanwhile, the ocean is host to a whole other world! All of the different creatures living there, both teeny tiny and huge. Somehow they all survive.

When I was at the beach last (over Easter weekend) I made sure to pick up some sand and searched out some itty bitty shells that would fit into one of my bottles. Not an easy task! I also managed to find a couple of sea-urchin spines and pieces of sand dollar. They all make for a great bottle pendant:



Naturally, the bottle is for sale in my store: Oddments and Tweaks



In keeping with the beach theme of today's post, I did a search on ArtFire for the word "beach" and browsed until I found something that really caught my attention. In doing so, I came across Apple Blossom Designs 'Life's a Beach' charm.

This charm is really cute! I love the incorporation of the whole shell beads with teal crystals. It helps that one of my favorite types of shell is the spiral. I also really like the simplicity of the design, since many of the beach items I came across felt too cluttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment