Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Designs

I've been working for a few weeks on a number of different bottle designs. I have finally finished two of them, though five more are still in progress. Yesterday I finally listed a set that I had finished. Thus, I present to you my newest designs for my Fairy Dust bottle set:

One of my viewers on SheezyArt noted to me that the first set I made didn't match up all that well. The forest and fire fairy bottles looked good together, but the other three didn't seem to fit. I agreed with her, and in fact it nagged at me so that I went ahead and redesigned the labels for all of them except the fire fairy dust bottle. I think they look much better now.

I listed each of the bottles singly and also as a set for a discounted price. You can buy the entire set of Fairy Dust Bottles for one price, essentially getting one bottle free! I also still have listed the older dust bottle designs, in case you liked those more.

I will be listing another new bottle either later today or tomorrow as well. I'll talk about that bottle in my next blog entry--I'm quite excited about it. It took a LOT of work to get this one done.

I also have some Artist Trading Cards in progress as well. One is completely finished, another is 98% finished, and all the others are in various stages of beginning and completion. However, I realized I haven't posted any of the previous ATCs I do have finished, so here are a couple:

These two kitty-loaf ATCs are done in primarily felt. Their mouths are hand-stitched. Both are available for trade if you're interested.




My feature today is Galaxy Glass Studios. Glass is a weakness of mine; I love the look of it. The vibrancy of the colors as the sun passes through them. How some glass can be translucent, and yet you can't see anything through it. I love it.

Galaxy Glass Studios really tempts me. Jerry and Laura (store owners and glass artists) create beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry out of glass. I was particularly drawn to a pair of green earrings. The two-tone color caught my eye, it helps that green is my favorite color, and the center is all sparkly. The way they are twisted makes them look so delicate and beautiful.

Jerry and Laura's store is also filled with other types of earrings and gorgeous pendants made of dichroic glass. You won't be dissapointed when you "step into" this store.

1 comment:

  1. oh my~! those pendants are pretty..
    I stumbled into your artfire shop when i was browsing around..
    Im one of the gaian's in gaiaonline, so naturally your fallen wish pendant grabbed my attention..
    could u please make more of them?

    ReplyDelete